Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Eisenhower fellowship in USA

I am writing to you as an Eisenhower fellow for 2012. It was a great achievement for me personally to get nominated and selected as an Eisenhower fellow for South Asian region in 2012. This year there are 21 fellows from South Asian region (Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) travelling in USA for 8 weeks meeting leaders, visiting institutions and getting training in their fields.

I am visiting 10 states in USA to meet people in environmental conservation field, attending conferences, and getting trainings to strengthen my skills.

the fellowship started with the South Asian regional conference in Sri Lanka where all the fellows met in Sri Lanka on the 27th of September. Then we all flew to Philadelphia where the Eisenhower fellowship programme head office is based at. At the moment I am getting the orientation along with 20 other fellows, planing the travel and meeting some leaders here. It was very interesting to share ideas, experience with all other fellows in the region who had given some significant leadership to their countries in their own fields.

I will update you all about my experience in USA for next 7 weeks.
With John Wolf president of EF fellowship

Sri Lankan fellows at regional conference in Sri Lanka

With Leigh Cohen the programme officer who arranges all meetings for me

No comments: